Paultons Park (Peppa Pig World)
- Disabled toilets
- Disability ID required
- Nearby parking
- Children's menus
- Fast pass
- Indoor play area
- Enclosed play area
- Picnic Area
- Outdoor sheltered area
- Wheelchair friendly
- Flat and friendly
- 1 to 3 miles walk
- Dogs in certain areas
- Only assistance Dogs
- Changing Places Toilets
Paultons Park has over 70 exciting rides and attractions and has Peppa Pig World with 9 fun Peppa-themed rides, and a large indoor Playzone. The Lost Kingdom is their unique Jurassic land and home to the mighty Flight of the Pterosaur suspended rollercoaster, the Velociraptor coaster, lifelike moving Dinosaurs. They have big rides, small rides, play areas, entertainments and a collection of animals and birds. It is set in 140 acres of parkland on the edge of the New Forest National Park.
Review by Vic:
We have been to Paultons Park twice, and the second time we used their fast pass queuing system. To qualify for the fast pass known as the Queue Assist Scheme you must go to the First Aid Centre located near the main entrance on Show Street. We did this and personally even though it was done quickly, Jimmy was desperate to get into the park and explore the rides. You are required to have some form of documentation that states the nature of the disability. e took our diagnosis and a copy of our recent DLA letter. Despite all of this I feel the fast passes worked really well, and you just entered via the exit section and were pretty much put on the next ride which is fantastic. I know many other theme parks which operate more complicated systems, and this really worked for us.
When we visited both children wanted to explore the Peppa Pig World attractions, and I would say this is the busiest part of the park, especially with day trip visitors. The fast passes did really helped reduced the stress and anxiety, as you are allowed to enter the ride via the exit gate. We went on a weekday in the summer and it was still pretty busy, so bear this in mind if you are visiting in the school holidays.
Image supplied by Paultons Park
The main theme park was really good, and the kids loved these rides as well. It was much more relaxed and we didn’t have to use the fast pass as the queues were not particularly busy. This theme park is great for a good age range of children from 1 years old to adults. They have a soft play enclosed area in Peppa Pig World for babies and toddlers, and equally for the thrill seekers there are a good collection of roller-coasters.
They have a variety of disabled toilets throughout the park, and they have a purpose built Accessible Changing Places facility adjacent to The Floating Globe just inside the main entrance. Access to this facility is via a coded access door, the code for which is available from the First Aid Centre. This facility is equipped with a mobile hoist. Due to individual needs, they ask that Guests use their own hoist slings.
With regards to ticket prices they do not offer a discounted rate for disabled guests or their carers as they believe the vast majority of the rides and attractions at Paultons, including Peppa Pig World, are designed to be fully accessible to disabled guests. Remember they do offer a Queue Assist Scheme. Wheelchair and mobility scooter users are admitted free of charge as there are a selection of rides which are not accessible.
Details from the website:
A summary of the facilities they offer are as follows:
- Wheelchair or mobility scooter dependent guests are admitted free of charge
- A vast majority of the rides and attractions at Paultons, including Peppa Pig World, are designed to be fully accessible to disabled guests, therefore we do not offer a discounted disabled rate for guests or their carers.
- Nearly all paths are flat and tarmac surfaced
- Special car parking area in main car park
- All restaurants and shops are wheelchair accessible
- Ample toilet facilities for guests with disabilities
- Manual wheelchairs are available to hire from our first aid centre free of charge. Limited availability during busy times so please pre-book before your visit by calling 023 8081 4442. Please be aware hiring a wheelchair inside the park does not permit free entry.
- Queue Assist Policy to enable guests who are unable to queue priority access on to our rides. Please ask for an Accessibility Guide leaflet upon arrival.
- The Victorian Carousel with special carriage accessible to wheelchair users
- Admittance allowed for registered, fully trained assistance dogs
- Changing facilities available