Roald Dahl Museum
- Disabled toilets
- Nearby parking
- Wheelchair friendly
- Flat and friendly
- Disabled Parking
- Gift Shop
- Accessible Signage
- Hearing Aid Loops
- Braille Signage
Details from the venue:
Roald Dahl Museum, a great little family attraction in Great Missenden, the heart of Roald Dahl country.
Get hands-on in the three galleries, packed with activities perfect for 6 to 12 year olds and their families. Find out about Roald Dahl’s school pranks, peek into the author’s original Writing Hut, and discover how Roald Dahl’s real-life adventures inspired his stories. The Museum puts your imagination centre-stage to help you and your family create your own swashboggling stories – just like Roald Dahl did.
- The Museum and Shop are all fully wheel – and push chair accessible, as we are a step-free site. The Café has a step (we are a listed building and unable to change our layout) but there is a bell for assistance and a ramp is available.
- We have two fully accessible loos.
- We have a manual wheelchair which you may borrow, though we do advise calling in advance to ensure it is available.
- Carers receive free admission.
We have tactile maps, a hearing loop, and audio transcripts of audio
- visual presentations.
- We have a babychange room as well as baby changing facilities for parents/carers in wheelchairs.
- We have British Sign Language interpretation throughout the Museum via the Museum’s Signly app. You can download the free app via the Apple or Google Play stores, search ‘Signly Roald Dahl Museum’.